As promised, here are a few of my favorites. Watch for additions to this list as I eat at more counters or when I receive your recommendations.
· Central Park Bistro – San Mateo, CA
- Tell Gorgio, the owner, how hungry you are and let him select your meal and wine – you will be surprised with foods that are outside your normal choices
· Farmstead – St. Helena, CA
- A fine example of the Local-Sustainable-Organic movement, and of course, the wine country location supports an award-winning wine list
v Thank you meekb for this recommendation
· Iberia – Menlo Park CA
- The Best Tapas in the world – only serviced at the counter during the dinner hours.
· JW Marriott Hotel – Miraflores, Peru
- I recommend you eat your first dinner be at the bar, enjoy authentic dishes, watch how to make a dynamite Pisco Sour, and listen to stories about the area
· Va de Vi –Walnut Creek, CA
- Call ahead for reservations, or plan to wait; the wait is worth it
· Vino Locale – Palo Alto, CA
o I can truthfully say, they serve some of the best Santa Cruz mountain wines and in-season, local small plates