As promised, here are a few of my favorites. Watch for additions to this list as I eat at more counters or when I receive your recommendations.
- Tell Gorgio, the owner, how hungry you are and let him select your meal and wine – you will be surprised with foods that are outside your normal choices
- A fine example of the Local-Sustainable-Organic movement, and of course, the wine country location supports an award-winning wine list
- The Best Tapas in the world – only serviced at the counter during the dinner hours.
- I recommend you eat your first dinner be at the bar, enjoy authentic dishes, watch how to make a dynamite Pisco Sour, and listen to stories about the area
- Call ahead for reservations, or plan to wait; the wait is worth it